A kidney infection, or Pyelonephritis, is a painful bacterial infection of the kidneys that affect the urinary tract. Home relief of kidney infection pain is difficult to achieve but here are 7 tips to help you get kidney infection pain relief.
Kidney Pain and Infection Symptoms
A kidney infection can cause several symptoms including fever, chills, back pain, committing, difficulty urinating and other changes with urine. These kidney pain symptoms will not all be present with every kidney infection. If you are unsure you can read about if you have kidney pain or back pain.
7 Kidney Infection Pain Relief Tips
Here are the 7 best kidney infection pain relief tips that you can use at home to help stop the pain. Always make sure to see a doctor and be certain that you are not masking the problem with these pain relief techniques.
1. Antibiotics – Treating a kidney infection with antibiotics is the typical route that most doctors will go once they uncover that you do in fact have a kidney infection. The antibiotics will take a few days until you are feeling better. The antibiotics are effective at treating the infection and reducing the inflammation.
2. Surgery – The most aggressive and obviously not a home remedy is surgery. If a person suffers from many kidney infections this is a potential solution that the doctor will discuss with you.
3. Pain Reliever – Over the counter pain medication can be effective at minimizing the amount of pain you are experiencing during a kidney infection. When I suffered through a kidney infection simple advil was enough to keep it in check. My tip is for you to try and stay ahead of the pain and by this I mean take the medication regularly and before the pain gets too bad.
4. Heating Pad – If you are at home and have access to a heating pad, placing it on your lower back will help reduce the pain caused by a kidney infection.
5. Drink Water or Cranberry Juice – Flushing out the infection can be a very effective technique to both treat it and reduce the pain. Drinking cranberry juice is great because it turns your urine more acidic which in turn helps fight the bacteria.
6. Aromatherapy – Aromatherapy is a great tool for some people, it can help people relax and minimize the pain they are experiencing.
7. Cleanse – Finally the last and best technique for some people is to do a cleanse. By doing a cleanse it both helps gets the tocins and infection out of the body as well as helps prevent additional toxins from getting into your body. To learn more about how to do a cleanse and eliminate your kindey infection pain visit here
Personal health is not something to take lightly, and when dealing with infection pain all caution must be heeded. Your education in the healthcare industry is also something not to be taken lightly; consider a Master’s in Public Health from University of the Sciences Online.